BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PharmlyDoc
Quartz | Level 8

I'm using a computer with Windows 10 Enterprise, and my institution has a SAS 9.4 license on the following platform: "Linux for X64".

Another institution that I'm affiliated with I am able to access the SAS Windowing Environment by clicking on "SAS 9.4" – see attached screenshot (where the license platform is "Microsoft Windows Workstation for x64")

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 10.39.31 AM.png

But I can't find SAS 9.4 on the computer with the "Linux for X64" license:

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 11.50.33 AM.png

How do I access the SAS Windowing Environment - "SAS 9.4 (English)"? 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
You would have to run it on the Linux server where it is installed. You wouldn't be able to run SAS on your desktop unless it was installed there and had a valid Windows license.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
You would have to run it on the Linux server where it is installed. You wouldn't be able to run SAS on your desktop unless it was installed there and had a valid Windows license.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

You can either use Enterprise Guide to connect to the Linux SAS server, rather than a full SAS Windowing environment, or use an X Server package to run SAS on the Linux machine.

AllanBowe
Barite | Level 11

If you don't have EG, or local Base SAS, or the EBI stack, or Viya - there is another option

My team have built a free, open source server for SAS:  https://github.com/sasjs/server

You can install it on your Linux server in 2 lines of code:

curl -L https://github.com/sasjs/server/releases/latest/download/linux.zip > linux.zip
unzip linux.zip

You can then just run `./api-linux` to launch.  Give it the path to your executable and you immediately have a web server (on port 5000) with SAS in it.

If you'd like to do further setup (whitelisting, user accounts, alternative runtimes, permissions etc) check out the docs:  https://server.sasjs.io

/Allan
SAS Challenges - SASensei
MacroCore library for app developers
SAS networking events (BeLux, Germany, UK&I)

Data Workflows, Data Contracts, Data Lineage, Drag & drop excel EUCs to SAS 9 & Viya - Data Controller
DevOps and AppDev on SAS 9 / Viya / Base SAS - SASjs

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation