BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ebonystinger
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, 

Under SAS Viya 3.4 for Linux, I go into SAS Environment Manger to access the User Activity Report.

The 'Report Activity' and 'Data Plan Activity' report both show no data. I would like to know what steps I need to follow in order to have some data display on these two reports.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @ebonystinger ,

If you are logging into EVM as administrator, by default data charts are displayed for all users. If there is nothing shown, that means no data is captured for these metrics. This is what the admin guide also states.

Report Activity
Displays the Top Report Usage chart and a table of the audit records for report access. By default, the chart
and the table display activity for all users. To view report usage and the audit records only for a specific user,
select the user in the Users menu.

Data Plan Activity
Displays the Top Report Usage chart and a table of the audit records for data plan access. By default, the
chart and the table display activity for all users. To view data plan usage and the audit records only for a
specific user, select the user in the Users menu.

Thanks!

ebonystinger
Fluorite | Level 6
Anand_V,

I am not getting any information displayed at all, for any user. The filter for 'User ID" is empty.

Is it possible that an option needs to be activated before information is captured?

Thanks.

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Can you try steps in this KB link? I think only few actions are audited for now.

ebonystinger
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I made the changes in the link and now the information is being accumulated in the audit.csv, thanks for that.

However, still nothing is being displayed in the Report Activity report.

Thanks,

JessLund
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, 

I am facing the same problem at my site. Did you manage to resolve the issue? 

ronf_sas
SAS Employee

The SystemData.AUDIT table is the table that feeds those reports.  Check cas-shared-default in SAS Environment Manager to see if the table is loaded.  Also, check the audit_*.log files in /opt/sas/viya/config/var/log/evmsvrops/evdm.  The audit ETL process runs every two hours and loads the data into CAS.  If there is a problem with the audit ETL process, those logs might be helpful.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Did you make the changes in the SAS Note Anand_V linked to capture successful reads? It could be there is simply no data to report.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation