BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PhilMason
Obsidian | Level 7

Morning all,

we had a manager say that the SAS Add-in was used a lot and I have been trying to quantify that. When someone uses the SAS Add-in (from Excel or Word) it spawns a SAS Workspace Server session, so it is possible to go and find the log for that and see what they did. In the same way Enterprise Guide spawns a Workspace Server session too.

I am trying to identify what started the session from the log. Comparing two logs side by side I couldn’t see anything that I could use to do that. Has anyone done this? Or know of a way to do it?

I suppose I could change the way they are spawned and add a macro variable to pass in to use, but that involves messing around with configurations. Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Hi

The Object Spwaner log can tell you this information, see example below

2016-07-05T13:34:41,262 INFO [00000047] :abc@cdf - New client connection (12) accepted from server port 8591 for user abc@cdf. Encryption level is Credentials using encryption algorithm SASProprietary. Peer IP address and port are [::ffff:127.0.0.1]:49653 for APPNAME=SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office.
2016-07-05T13:37:38,026 INFO [00000075] :abc@cdf - New client connection (14) accepted from server port 8591 for user abc@cdf. Encryption level is Credentials using encryption algorithm SASProprietary. Peer IP address and port are [::ffff:127.0.0.1]:49921 for APPNAME=SAS Enterprise Guide.

Bruno

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Hi

The Object Spwaner log can tell you this information, see example below

2016-07-05T13:34:41,262 INFO [00000047] :abc@cdf - New client connection (12) accepted from server port 8591 for user abc@cdf. Encryption level is Credentials using encryption algorithm SASProprietary. Peer IP address and port are [::ffff:127.0.0.1]:49653 for APPNAME=SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office.
2016-07-05T13:37:38,026 INFO [00000075] :abc@cdf - New client connection (14) accepted from server port 8591 for user abc@cdf. Encryption level is Credentials using encryption algorithm SASProprietary. Peer IP address and port are [::ffff:127.0.0.1]:49921 for APPNAME=SAS Enterprise Guide.

Bruno

brendanodwyer
Fluorite | Level 6
Bruno,

Are those codes specific to client applications? Just curious. Assuming so.
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Yes they are specific to the application like

APPNAME=SAS Enterprise Guide.

I do not know of a list of app names

Bruno

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation