BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
StuartM
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

We have SAS 9.3 installed on AIX Servers. Often when checking the SASApp server via putty, we see many processes that are clearly orphaned from users that no longer have a SAS session open.

Viewing the SAS Management Console via the view below, current user sessions are appearing for those using Enterprise Guide but not Base SAS. I'm refering to Base SAS users connecting to the SASApp server via a rsubmit statement.

How can I view current Base SAS sessions via SAS Management Console?

Thanks

Stuart

Server Manager -> SASApp -> SASApp - Logical Workspace Server -> SASApp - Workspace Server

pids.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

From your mention of rsubmit I assume you are using SAS/CONNECT.

Since SAS/CONNECT sessions are started from the commandline after a telnet login, and no metadata interaction is involved, this will not be possible.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

From your mention of rsubmit I assume you are using SAS/CONNECT.

Since SAS/CONNECT sessions are started from the commandline after a telnet login, and no metadata interaction is involved, this will not be possible.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Just so you are aware metadata-based signons are possible with SAS/CONNECT even though users may not be obliged to use them. If they are used then I suspect it is possible to track them in SAS Management Console.

This link explains how to do metadata-based signons:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/connref/67933/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1mnvt2zgyyaqzn1gq...

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation