BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
titan31
Quartz | Level 8
Ya, I've got the Cleanwork utility scripted to run and clear out anything in the workspace drive.

Will look into the processes part, it might make sense as after a full reboot, it goes fine.

For the loading, it's a batch load as it's scheduled to run at 1am each night, but even when we're trying it manually, it runs in a similar enough time. Some of the processes are a full reload and some are SCD loads. Differing jobs have different requirements there and nothing I can see that only sort of load is slowing down, it seems to be pretty uniform that everything just ends up tripling in time.
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Here is SAS paper you may want to look into for some ideas for performance boosting

- For Debugging Query Perfromance use the following SAS options   

OPTIONS SASTRACE=',,,d' SASTRACELOC=SASLOG NOSTSUFFIX;

There are more useful tips in the paper to look at,

Hope it helps,

Ahmed

titan31
Quartz | Level 8

Nothing seems to have worked so far anyway, still have same issue. One of our service partners thinks that installing all the latest hotfixes will solve the issue, but I can't see anything addressed by the hotfixes that looks like it would fix it.

titan31
Quartz | Level 8

Turns out it looks like it's McAfee and anti virus scanning that's causing it.

No idea how (yet), but just incase anyone else has this issue in the future.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Then you should consider switching to a real operating system (which does not need anti-virus software) for your SAS server. Or your complete server infrastructure as such.

titan31
Quartz | Level 8

Ya, I'm pushing for it for the next installation anyway (only in the role 2 months). 

Distributed environment and Viya seem to be Linux only anyway so any further upgrade of our infrastructure has to be that.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 6 in conversation