BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ravicapg
Fluorite | Level 6

I am new for SAS Admin. Please help me.

How can i create folder authorization permissions in a table or report format from metadata tables. I used %mdsecds but i am getting below error.

ERROR: Some code points did not transcode.
ERROR: Encountered during XMLInput parsing at or near line 7499, column 56.
ERROR: The definition for the "FOLDERS" table is not well-formed or is corrupt.

I want to consolidate all folder and sub-folder authorization and which group have permissions. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

In that case try running the code in a SAS session that has been configured to use UTF-8 session encoding

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The first error suggests a difference in session encoding and incompatible characters. The subsequent errors most likely stem from the first.

The metadata server is UTF-8 and the SAS process where you are running %mdsecds is most likely a single byte encoding such as latin1. You can confirm this by running:

proc options;

run;

.. and looking for the encoding option.

ravicapg
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for reply Paul, Please see encoding value from below line.

ENCODING=LATIN1   Specifies the default character-set encoding for the SAS session.

Thanks

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

In that case try running the code in a SAS session that has been configured to use UTF-8 session encoding

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 in conversation