BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ravicapg
Fluorite | Level 6

I am new for SAS Admin. Please help me.

How can i create folder authorization permissions in a table or report format from metadata tables. I used %mdsecds but i am getting below error.

ERROR: Some code points did not transcode.
ERROR: Encountered during XMLInput parsing at or near line 7499, column 56.
ERROR: The definition for the "FOLDERS" table is not well-formed or is corrupt.

I want to consolidate all folder and sub-folder authorization and which group have permissions. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

In that case try running the code in a SAS session that has been configured to use UTF-8 session encoding

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The first error suggests a difference in session encoding and incompatible characters. The subsequent errors most likely stem from the first.

The metadata server is UTF-8 and the SAS process where you are running %mdsecds is most likely a single byte encoding such as latin1. You can confirm this by running:

proc options;

run;

.. and looking for the encoding option.

ravicapg
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for reply Paul, Please see encoding value from below line.

ENCODING=LATIN1   Specifies the default character-set encoding for the SAS session.

Thanks

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

In that case try running the code in a SAS session that has been configured to use UTF-8 session encoding

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 in conversation