BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Dilip07
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I want to Restore one FS Project from a particuklar date, Before restoring i have deleted the Project from its location and now after i restore the Project many contents of the project folder are missing including project.xml file. Hence i am not able to register the project in FS manager.

Can someone suggest me how to proceed now.

Thanks in advance!! 

4 REPLIES 4
anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

how was the backup taken, meaning, which mechanism was used to backup your environment/SAS environment?

Are you trying to "unarchive" a project?

Thanks

Anja

Dilip07
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Anja,

Thanks for your reply, The backup was taken in Unix Environment.

anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

do you have any further details on how it was taken?

- Did you use the archive function in FS and are you trying to unarchive?

- Do you know if promotion was used to export projects in SASMC, which means you'd have a spk file somewhere?

- Was the SAS backup used, resp, does your UNIX backup include the SAS backup folder?

- If the SAS backup was not used, were all SAS servers stopped before taking an OS backup?

These are all important information in order to find out if, how, it is possible to restore a project.

Generally speaking, if the OS backup was taken w/ out SAS included, a single project can most likely not

be restored. Since you deleted it, the "unarchive" in FS will not work.

Thanks

Anja

Dilip07
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Anja,

Please see my comments in red.

Our backup was taken through Tivoli Storage Manager.

We are able to restore the project but Project.xml file is missing.

Regards,
Dilip
From: SAS Support Communities [mailto:replies-disabled@sas.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 6:40 PM
To: Kumar,Dilip,BANGALORE,Tech Mahindra
Subject: Re: FS Project Restore

Hi Dilip07,

anja (SAS Employee) posted a new reply in Administration and Deployment on 08-17-2016 09:10 AM :

Hi,

do you have any further details on how it was taken?

- Did you use the archive function in FS and are you trying to unarchive? Yes

- Do you know if promotion was used to export projects in SASMC, which means you'd have a spk file somewhere? No

- Was the SAS backup used, resp, does your UNIX backup include the SAS backup folder? SAS Backup was not used and Yes, our UNIX backup include the SAS backup folder

- If the SAS backup was not used, were all SAS servers stopped before taking an OS backup? No, SAS servers were not stopped before taking an OS backup.

These are all important information in order to find out if, how, it is possible to restore a project.

Generally speaking, if the OS backup was taken w/ out SAS included, a single project can most likely not

be restored. Since you deleted it, the "unarchive" in FS will not work.

Thanks

Anja

Reply | Accept as Solution | Like this message

SAS Support Communities sent this message to dilip.kumar@xs.nestle.com.
You are receiving this email because a new message matches your subscription to a topic.
To control which emails we send you please go to, manage your subscription & notification settings or unsubscribe.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation