BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello
Is there a way using sas code one can extract the list of folders in the metadataserver and the permissions which different groups have.
We have our stored processes organized into different folders in the SMC (Folders plugin).
The information can be  seen in the SAS Management Console.
I was wondering if this information can be extracted using sas code. I know the list of stored processes canbe obtained but what I am interested in is information about which group has what access to these stored processes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

Take a look at %MDSECDS Security Report Macro.

--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JackHamilton
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

You might look at the Metacoda plug-ins for the SAS Management Console to see if they can provide the report you need.

I have a new PC and the SMC hasn't been installed yet, so I can't check this myself, but I know Metacoda provides some security reporting in a better fashion than the plain SMC.  Some of the tools are free.

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Thanks @JackHamilton for mentioning Metacoda Plug-ins. 😊

@Sajid01, if you're after a fast and visual way to see the group permissions on a SAS metadata folder (or any type of SAS metadata object), then Metacoda Object Permissions Explorer provides this in a few clicks. Using this plug-in, you can look at a single object (folder, library, stored process, report etc.) and review the effective permissions on that object across multiple identities (users and/or groups). If you want to delve into how that permission is set then the Metacoda Permissions Tracer helps you to easily discover the source of effective permissions on the object for an identity (user and/or group).

There are some example blog posts that describe how these plug-ins help answer the question who has access and how and there is also reporting functionality provided:

Feel free to experience it yourself in your own environment with a free 30 day evaluation. It's a 5 minute installation (if that) on the SAS Management Console client.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

Take a look at %MDSECDS Security Report Macro.

--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation