BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MarkNicholas
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

Many times, we are getting exit code 102 in platform lsf v9.1 on SAS 9.4 grid env. It does not repeat for few jobs (when run on next day) but is persistent for other jobs.

Could I please get help to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Mark.

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest that this type of problem is best progressed with SAS Tech Support if you haven't done so already. From my own experience LSF errors are tricky to diagnose.

Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Can you see what hosts the jobs are being submitted to? I had an issue with Platform Process Manager and LSF submitting jobs to non-compute nodes in my grid. I had to create a queue for batch jobs, associate only compute nodes with the queue and then make sure flow properties were set so it would submit to that queue. Not sure if this is the same issue you're having, though.
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello,

this not is not directly related to your issue, but it should be able to give you and SAS Technical Suppport additional insight than a plain exit code 102.

Problem Note 50749: Submitting a SAS® job to a SAS® grid environment might fail with the error "Could not Start Grid Job": http://support.sas.com/kb/50/749.html

zencosap
Fluorite | Level 6

When sasgsub returns an RC=102, chances are that you are trying to run it with the -GRIDSASOPTS parameter to pass in values to the sas program that you're trying to execute.

Here is the correct syntax for that:

sasgsub -GRIDSUBMITPGM ~/test.sas -GRIDSASOPTS "(-sysparm "arg1")" -GRIDWAITRESULTS -GRIDWORK /sas/gridwork

Note the double quoting around the brackets then again around the actual argument.

You probably were trying to use a variation like one of the ones below, which do NOT work and will give you the sasgsub/lsf RC=102 exit code.

sasgsub -GRIDSUBMITPGM ~/test.sas -GRIDSASOPTS "(sysparm arg1)" -GRIDWAITRESULTS -GRIDWORK /sas/gridwork

sasgsub -GRIDSUBMITPGM ~/test.sas -GRIDSASOPTS 'sysparm arg1' -GRIDWAITRESULTS -GRIDWORK /sas/gridwork

sasgsub -GRIDSUBMITPGM ~/test.sas -GRIDSASOPTS "sysparm arg1" -GRIDWAITRESULTS -GRIDWORK /sas/gridwork

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation