BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

Hi!

I have the next problem, I had intalled SAS Enterprise Guide on a server machine, and the installation was fine, no problems, but when I search the Enterprise Guide executable in my programs list dont appear and i dont find the executable for any location

Anyone had the same problem?

Thx

7 REPLIES 7
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

It should be found in Start - All Programs - SAS.

The executable is named SEGuide.exe and should be found in C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASEnterpriseGuide\version\

For a current EG, version should be 7.1.

JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for your response.

I don't have this folder in my SASHome. The installation process had finished ok, all green, but i dont know where the Enterprise Guide is.

I try with standalone installation but didnt work properly.

Kind Regargs!

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @JuanDaniel,

you may try to look for EGuide.exe with the File Explorer on the drive where you installed Guide.

I wonder if you have the proper admin permissions, and if you have any antivirus running on the server.

What version of Windows Server? 2008? 2012?

JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

I have admin permissons and the SO is Windows Server 2012.

Thx

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Missed the "server" part. Since EG is a client program, installing it on the server does not make sense to me.

How did you log on to the server in order to run EG there?

Or do you want the EG accessible on your desktop? In which case, you need to install it there.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Indeed, Kurt, thanks for the remark. I think It would be interesting to know if @JuanDaniel is referring to a Terminal Server or Citrix server, in that case it can make sense. Otherwise, I totally agree with you. EG on a normal server it makes no sense, only temporary and for testing purposes.

JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

I want to install on the server to make some tests.

Thx

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation