BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Criptic
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hey,

I have two questions, both concerning logging.

1. Is it possible to save the EG log and also display it in the EG-Log tab? If it is possible can it be set via an autoexec or is it only possible with it gets added to the coding. I tried proc printto log="";
run; - which works quite nicely except that I don't get the log in the EG-Log tab anymore.

2. Is it possible to activate logging on only one specific SPDS or SAS lib? I would want to see which metadata user is accessing which table. If possible I would further want to see which specific columns were accessed (but this is not that important).

I'm on SAS 9.4M2 & SPDS 5.1

Kind regards,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
Criptic
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
@Kurt_Bremser thank you for the quick response. With this suggestions I was able to find a lot of helpfull documentation
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
For #2 and SPDS: there is default logging on SPD Server and could be what you want depending how you have set up your authentication.
Data never sleeps

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation