BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

My customer wants to update the name of his metadata user.

In the user properties in SAS Management Console, this field is grayed out:

2017-10-05_09-52-18.png

Customer found that when he requests properties of the user from the metadata folder /System/Security/Users, he *can* modify the name:

2017-10-05_09-54-17.png

Can he do this? Will it mess things up?

Bart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Bart,

I remembered there was a discussion about this a while back and a SAS employee mentioned that the user name is used as an "effective foreign key" for external-to-metadata systems which is why changing the name from the user properties dialog was disabled in SAS 9.4. For more info see https://communities.sas.com/t5/Administration-and-Deployment/Change-name-in-User-Manager-in-SMC/m-p/...

They mentioned opening a SAS tech support to find out what was involved in propagating the changes.

Cheers

Paul

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Bart,

I remembered there was a discussion about this a while back and a SAS employee mentioned that the user name is used as an "effective foreign key" for external-to-metadata systems which is why changing the name from the user properties dialog was disabled in SAS 9.4. For more info see https://communities.sas.com/t5/Administration-and-Deployment/Change-name-in-User-Manager-in-SMC/m-p/...

They mentioned opening a SAS tech support to find out what was involved in propagating the changes.

Cheers

Paul

bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks Paul.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation