BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ashasupriya
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

One of the analysts reported that she is unable to run the below code in SAS EG:

data my_data;
input day $ sales;
datalines;
1 7
2 12
3 15
4 14
5 13
6 11
7 10
8 16
9 18
10 24
;
run;

/*view dataset*/
proc print data=my_data;

/*create line plot that displays sales by day*/
proc sgplot data=my_data;
series x=day y=sales;
run;

Error: Unable to load the Java Virtual Machine. Please see the installation instructions or system administrator.

Checked the Java version and installed the latest but still no luck. The same code works just fine for me both locally and as SASApp. Any idea what am I missing here? Thank you!

Regards,

Asha

4 REPLIES 4
AhmedAl_Attar
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @ashasupriya 

To get rid of this error, you'll need to upgrade the SAS Private JRE.

Have a look at this thread for details https://communities.sas.com/t5/Administration-and-Deployment/How-to-find-the-JRE-version-of-the-SAS-...

I had replied to that thread with details on how to do that.

Hope this helps

ballardw
Super User

If users are maintaining their own computer such as versions of Java, then you have to instruct them not to "remove" all "old" versions of JRE as SAS looks for a specific version.

If you have an IT department you have to tell them the same thing.

I have had to go through this twice with my IT department as they will assume that only the "latest" version should be on the machine. Coupled with them not wanting to maintain SAS to begin with, this typically means a loss of SAS availability for a couple of days every time they do something like that.

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @ashasupriya 
SAS Server Comes with it own JRE. If there were an issue with this then everybody else too would have an issue.
As you are able to run it on SAS App Server, the server side is OK. The SG Plot log from SAS App does not show any error.
Restart the desktop/laptop, make sure that no other application is running and Start SAS EG and run your code. This is to make sure that the JVM issue due to this particular code.

If that does not work the best approach is to seek assistance from your SAS Administrator.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation