BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
techie
Fluorite | Level 6

We have upgraded our environment from 9.4 M5 to 9.4 M7. All Services are up and running but for Connect Spawner AES encryption option isn't working. Is there an option to include AES and SAS Proprietary both. We have used all possible methods of options to include but it's not working. Its a production environment 

We are getting the below Error::
Encryption error 4 ( 0x4) occured in R_PROV_FIPS140_load at line 431, the error message is "FIPS library version unvailable"

4 REPLIES 4
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
You can specify multiple encryption algorithms using the NETENCRALG option.

NETENCRYPTALGORITHM System Option
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/secref/n13sxrs027e4gjn1od2ufsgzl4w7.htm

Where are you seeing this message? It looks like it's complaining about not being able to find the encryption libraries, which makes me think this is an issue with the library path being changed.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
techie
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks.. We have referred the link provided but didn't work. Yes, you are right, it's complaining about not being able to find the encryption libraries but as per my knowledge library path hasn't been changed

doug_sas
SAS Employee

There was a hotfix to 9.4M7F to support a new version of the FIPS certified encryption library. Since hotfixes are installed at the end of an upgrade, could it possible that something failed to get updated properly?

I would open a support ticket with SAS to have them sort this out.

techie
Fluorite | Level 6

Will extract hotfixes and see if that works. thanks for the update though.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation