BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MarkN1
Calcite | Level 5

I get the error: ERROR: The SAS/ACCESS Interface to ORACLE cannot be loaded. ERROR: Image SASORA found but not loadable.. Please make sure Oracle environment is set correctly. Look in the install/Config doc for additional info for your platform.

Works fine interactively, but no longer when submitted as a batch file.

Worked fine this morning (and for years), but then installed MS Visual Studio and Python.  That seems to have changed some path variable  

• SAS version 9.4 TS 1M6, Windows 10 Enterprise
  • In interactive mode (where it continues to work):  %sysget(TNS_ADMIN) returns the correct network location.   ORACLE_HOME, LD_LIBRARY_PATH not defined as system variables.
  • I've uninstalled Python, MS Visual Studio, and reinstalled SAS.  Same errors.

First time posting here.   Looked at related posts, but couldn't figure it out.  Much appreciate any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4 REPLIES 4
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
You may wish to engage SAS Technical Support, as several issues can produce this error. I believe it essentially means that the SAS/ACCESS Interface to Oracle (SASORA) cannot locate or access the installed Oracle client, so you could try reinstalling that.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
Can you provide details on the execution for the batch process? Is it scheduled using a scheduler? Who is the user for the batch process? etc.
MarkN1
Calcite | Level 5
The issue seems to have resolved itself without any intervention on my part and no further restart of my computer. I won't bother speculating how that might happen, but thanks for replying so quickly.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please update your post as answered in that case.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation