BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jei
Quartz | Level 8 jei
Quartz | Level 8

Hi!

I am trying to extract SAP Metadata using SAS Management Console but I am encountering the errors below.

I already added the RFC libraries on the system path and I even included the directory of the library path on the Path environment variables.

LIBNAME saplib SASIOSR3 sysnr=00 ashost="10.88.192.147" language=EN Client=520 trace=0 BatchMode=1
2 ! destgroup="SAS1" USER="SAS-TEST-SERVER\sasdemo" PASSWORD=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ;
ERROR: Image SASSAP found but not loadable.
ERROR: Operating system error 126 occurred.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

Seeking for your help.

Thank you!

29 REPLIES 29
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Hi jei,

Is this Windows or UNIX ?

Does the user executing the SAS job have read access to the RFC libraries on OS level ?

jei
Quartz | Level 8 jei
Quartz | Level 8
Yes. The instructions was carefully followed
jei
Quartz | Level 8 jei
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @nhvdwalt,

This is Windows Server 2012 R2.

Yes, the user has read access to the RFC libraries.

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Can you open Base SAS on the server and run the libname there ? By cutting down the layers you might get a better idea of the error.

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

...and the version of SAS is compatible with SAP and the RFC libraries ?

jei
Quartz | Level 8 jei
Quartz | Level 8
I tried to run the libname statement on Base SAS but I got the same error.

How will I know if the version of SAS is compatible with SAP and the RFC libraries?
sandykota
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Jei,

Enter the hostname instead of IP address in "ashost" parameter. And what is the authentication domain?

LIBNAME SAPLib SASIOSR3  sysnr=XX  ashost=Enter host name trace=0  BatchMode=1  Client=900  language=EN  AUTHDOMAIN="????" ;

jei
Quartz | Level 8 jei
Quartz | Level 8
Hi @sandykota,

Should I also indicate the SAP Administrator credentials in the created Authentication Domain under the User Management in SAS Management Console?
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

For SAS compatibility to SAP, see the below doc:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikfdtnwx6sr/66390/PDF/default/sreq.pdf

It doesn't seem like R3 is supported under 9.4 M4

I recall something like R3 is old and support would drop at some point.....but don't quote me.

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Are you connecting to SAP R3 ?

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

What version of SAS and M are you running ?

jei
Quartz | Level 8 jei
Quartz | Level 8
My SAS Current version: 9.04.01M4P110916

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 in conversation