BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jei
Quartz | Level 8 jei
Quartz | Level 8

Hi!

I am trying to extract SAP Metadata using SAS Management Console but I am encountering the errors below.

I already added the RFC libraries on the system path and I even included the directory of the library path on the Path environment variables.

LIBNAME saplib SASIOSR3 sysnr=00 ashost="10.88.192.147" language=EN Client=520 trace=0 BatchMode=1
2 ! destgroup="SAS1" USER="SAS-TEST-SERVER\sasdemo" PASSWORD=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ;
ERROR: Image SASSAP found but not loadable.
ERROR: Operating system error 126 occurred.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

Seeking for your help.

Thank you!

29 REPLIES 29
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Hi jei,

Is this Windows or UNIX ?

Does the user executing the SAS job have read access to the RFC libraries on OS level ?

jei
Quartz | Level 8 jei
Quartz | Level 8
Yes. The instructions was carefully followed
jei
Quartz | Level 8 jei
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @nhvdwalt,

This is Windows Server 2012 R2.

Yes, the user has read access to the RFC libraries.

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Can you open Base SAS on the server and run the libname there ? By cutting down the layers you might get a better idea of the error.

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

...and the version of SAS is compatible with SAP and the RFC libraries ?

jei
Quartz | Level 8 jei
Quartz | Level 8
I tried to run the libname statement on Base SAS but I got the same error.

How will I know if the version of SAS is compatible with SAP and the RFC libraries?
sandykota
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Jei,

Enter the hostname instead of IP address in "ashost" parameter. And what is the authentication domain?

LIBNAME SAPLib SASIOSR3  sysnr=XX  ashost=Enter host name trace=0  BatchMode=1  Client=900  language=EN  AUTHDOMAIN="????" ;

jei
Quartz | Level 8 jei
Quartz | Level 8
Hi @sandykota,

Should I also indicate the SAP Administrator credentials in the created Authentication Domain under the User Management in SAS Management Console?
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

For SAS compatibility to SAP, see the below doc:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikfdtnwx6sr/66390/PDF/default/sreq.pdf

It doesn't seem like R3 is supported under 9.4 M4

I recall something like R3 is old and support would drop at some point.....but don't quote me.

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Are you connecting to SAP R3 ?

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

What version of SAS and M are you running ?

jei
Quartz | Level 8 jei
Quartz | Level 8
My SAS Current version: 9.04.01M4P110916

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 in conversation