BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Dear Community!

I am currently working on a project, where they use Enterprise Guide as a client. Unfortunately I found the "My Folder" location not writable (nor accessible) and the Shared Folder points to nirvana.

My question is: Can I alter these two locations (My Folder and Shared) as an ordinary User? ... and if yes: How? 🙂

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers

FJa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

"My Folder" and "Shared" are elements within the metadata repository, so they have no "physical" location.

Permissions have to be set correctly by the SAS admin(s), and only metadata objects can be stored there.

fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you for your kind response, Kurt!

So this is a different thing than the Files Folder in Sas Studio I take it. 

Is there any piece of Documentation you could point to that sheds some light on the EG behaviour? I did not manage to find any appropriate entry in the SAS Online Help.

Cheers

FJa

fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Lovely! That makes sense ... seems that I was barking up the wrong tree entirely when trying to approach this from the EG side ...

Thanks for giving me a start!

--FJa

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

"Files" or "My Files" for EG or Studio is set in the workspace server definition in SAS metadata (Management Console).

Last time I used EG, you could save project files "in metadata", but this only put a link into metadata which pointed to the WebDAV component of the SAS web server, where the actual files were stored.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation