BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
srilax
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

when i am trying to start SAS DEPLOYMENT MANAGER using ./sasadm.sh in linux i am getting the below error

"Error: Your DISPLAY environmental variable has not been set.
Please set it and run this application again."

and then when i am trying to start to deployment wizard using ./deploywiz.sh in linux i am getting the below error

"Error: Missing /sas/sas94/SASDeploymentManager/9.4/products/deploywiz__94280__prt__xx__sp0__1/../../setup.dat."

could someone please help me.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@srilax@Kurt_Bremser,

That's true, but if you do not have an X11 server, you can start SAS Deployment Manager in text mode:

./sasdm.sh -console

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The deployment manager expects a X-capable graphical environment, which it detects through the DISPLAY environment variable. This usually looks like

localhost:10.0

instead of the localhost, it can/might contain a IP address.

So you should either install from a graphical console for the Linux server, or if you want to do it remotely, set up a X server on your PC and run the setup through that.

AFAIK, the SDW is always started by running setup.sh from the root of the SAS depot.

alexal
SAS Employee

@srilax@Kurt_Bremser,

That's true, but if you do not have an X11 server, you can start SAS Deployment Manager in text mode:

./sasdm.sh -console
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@alexal wrote:

@srilax@Kurt_Bremser,

./sasdm.sh -console

Has sasdm.sh been added rather recently, or is it Linux-specific? My AIX depot only contains the setup.sh.

srilax
Calcite | Level 5

@alexal

Thankyou for suggessting textmode. It worked.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation