BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
srilax
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

when i am trying to start SAS DEPLOYMENT MANAGER using ./sasadm.sh in linux i am getting the below error

"Error: Your DISPLAY environmental variable has not been set.
Please set it and run this application again."

and then when i am trying to start to deployment wizard using ./deploywiz.sh in linux i am getting the below error

"Error: Missing /sas/sas94/SASDeploymentManager/9.4/products/deploywiz__94280__prt__xx__sp0__1/../../setup.dat."

could someone please help me.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@srilax@Kurt_Bremser,

That's true, but if you do not have an X11 server, you can start SAS Deployment Manager in text mode:

./sasdm.sh -console

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The deployment manager expects a X-capable graphical environment, which it detects through the DISPLAY environment variable. This usually looks like

localhost:10.0

instead of the localhost, it can/might contain a IP address.

So you should either install from a graphical console for the Linux server, or if you want to do it remotely, set up a X server on your PC and run the setup through that.

AFAIK, the SDW is always started by running setup.sh from the root of the SAS depot.

alexal
SAS Employee

@srilax@Kurt_Bremser,

That's true, but if you do not have an X11 server, you can start SAS Deployment Manager in text mode:

./sasdm.sh -console
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@alexal wrote:

@srilax@Kurt_Bremser,

./sasdm.sh -console

Has sasdm.sh been added rather recently, or is it Linux-specific? My AIX depot only contains the setup.sh.

srilax
Calcite | Level 5

@alexal

Thankyou for suggessting textmode. It worked.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation