BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASuser19
Quartz | Level 8

I have two depots first one is FATCA ONLY CORE PROD  and the second is FATCA ONLY CORE TEST. I need  understand what the different between them?

5 REPLIES 5
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
It can depend upon your particular contract, but usually you might have two or more environments (I.E. Test, Dev, UAT, Production) and you would have a depot corresponding to each. Usually the depots are the same, it's really the license/SID files that differ. This has been my experience.
SASuser19
Quartz | Level 8

I confused because the order summary is different on each one and the size of  PROD (31.3 GB) but TEST (38 GB). as I know PROD must be like a TEST.

Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Did you make sure to download both in the exact same way with the Download Manager? I usually tell it to not consolidate duplicate files. I had this happen before.

Regardless, you should definitely check with your sales representative who can check with those responsible for the depots.
SASuser19
Quartz | Level 8

yes, I download them in the same way. using SAS Download Manager

Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
I mean that there is an option, at least when I have done it, within the Download Manager that asks something like "Do you want to consolidate duplicate files?" Something about whether you want to create an ISO from the download. It's possible that you made different selections at the point.

If you can verify that you answered the same to all the prompts in the Download Manager for both depots and the size is still different then I would definitely get with your sales representative so they can investigate why they are different.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation