BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RameshReddy
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Team,

I have A,B,C Jobs in Data integration Studio,if I run A job B,C jobs need to run Automatically,,how can i do this ,,

kindly any one help on this..

Regards,

Ramesh

2 REPLIES 2
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Hi Ramesh

You have a better chance to get an answer for DIS questions if posting in forum "SAS Enterprise Data Management & Integration"

What you're after is "scheduling". With SAS DIS you also get a OEM version of LSF (scheduling software). If LSF is installed and configured at your site then in SMC there is a Schedule Manager plug-in which allows you to define and run flows.

If using LSF is no option then you could write a script which batch submits your deployed jobs - and you then execute the script.

If this is more a "unit testing" scenario then you could also just drag&drop your jobs into a new job and run them in sequence (A,B,C) - the jobs would share the work space though.

If B&C must run in parallel then you would have to create a inner job which calls B&C and the loop transformation in the outer job submits stuff in parallel. I wouldn't recommend doing this for "unit testing" as it feels like too much work to set up - and it's not the right thing to do for a production environment where you should use a scheduler or at least a script.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I can just add that if you are on a Windows Server, there is also an interface with Windows Task Scheduler (and in UNIX there i the corresponding cron). The term i Operating System Services, if you want to search on line help/doc.

Even if these are less sophisticated than LSF, you can at least specify dependencies between jobs, and have them run in parallel.

/Linus

Data never sleeps

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation