BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rssb
Calcite | Level 5

I would like to Deny concurrent SAS Stored Process Web Application Login Sessions for a single user in the SAS 9.4 M4 Linux Platform. Since when a user logged in to multiple times into a same Stored Process concurrently, the data being not saved properly causing the data loss. I tried to mitigate this issue by setting 'Policy.ConcurrentLoginUsers' to 'deny' in the SMC>Application Management>SAS Application Infrastructure>Stored Process Web App 9.4>Properties>Advanced tab whereas 'Policy.ConcurrentLoginUsers' to 'logoff' in the SMC>Application Management>SAS Application Infrastructure>Properties>Advanced tab. My assumption is to allow concurrent SAS applications with valid credentials and deny concurrent Stored Process Web App. However, it's still allowing concurrent logins for the same user to the Stored Process Web Application. The Authentication method being used is 'Logon Manger'. If I set  'Policy.ConcurrentLoginUsers' to 'deny' in the SMC>Application Management>SAS Application Infrastructure>Properties>Advanced tab then the user can login to only Web Application, which is not the requirement as the same user will have access to several individual Stored Process Web Applications in the same environment. I restarted Mid-Tier every time whenever I made these changes in the SMC to make it effective but no luck.

I would really appreciate your valuable inputs here.

1 REPLY 1
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @rssb 

As per the documentation this policy is effective on SAS Logon Manager which is used as entry point for all the web applications. I understand your requirement of disabling concurrent login sessions only for STP, however I don't see it documented anywhere. I would advise you to raise this query to SAS technical support team by emailing the details to support@sas.com 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation