BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PhilWest
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I use SAS OnDemand for Academics and find it very useful. I upload lots of files when I'm working on a project and want to delete them when I've finished. But I find the system does not let me select several files at once to do so, but I must select them one at a time and delete them one at a time; it is rather tedious! The system lets me upload a number of files together but neither download nor delete several at once.

Does anyone know how?

Thanks a lot

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PhilWest
Calcite | Level 5

Kurt,

Thankyou so much. I use a WINDOWS PC. I found that what you suggested worked if (a) I clicked on the first file, (b) held the Ctrl key down, (c) clicked on the second file, then the third file etc (d) then used the Delete key and they all went. I found I had to click on each file in turn, rather than dragging the mouse down to select numerous files as one usually does. But it was still vastly quicker than deleting them separately one at a time. So, many thanks again,

Phil

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I just tested this with my ODA account, accessed with Chrome from a Mac.

Select the first file, then select the next file while holding down the cmd button. On a Windows PC, use Ctrl instead of cmd. After selecting is done, the Delete (paper bin) button will remove all files.

If you're also on a Mac, do not use Safari for SAS Studio. Safari is not supported and lacks several capabilities; use Chrome instead.

PhilWest
Calcite | Level 5

Kurt,

Thankyou so much. I use a WINDOWS PC. I found that what you suggested worked if (a) I clicked on the first file, (b) held the Ctrl key down, (c) clicked on the second file, then the third file etc (d) then used the Delete key and they all went. I found I had to click on each file in turn, rather than dragging the mouse down to select numerous files as one usually does. But it was still vastly quicker than deleting them separately one at a time. So, many thanks again,

Phil

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation