BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RichardP
Quartz | Level 8

Hello, 

We currently define LSF flows in the Schedule manager plugin of the Management console. I was however wondering if there were any methods for creating a flow directly in LSF, bypassing the schedule manager? I appreciate that the version of LSF bundled with SAS has reduced functionality but perhaps someone has experimented with this? any info welcome!

regards, 

Richard

3 REPLIES 3
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @RichardP 

You can use Flow Editor which is part of platform process manager to define flows and schedule them.

https://support.sas.com/rnd/scalability/platform/PSS4.1/pm7.0_using.pdf

RichardP
Quartz | Level 8

Hi, 

thanks for your reply. I came across this is the documentation - 

Flow Editor may not be installed if you purchased the Platform Suite for SAS. You
can purchase Flow Editor from Platform Computing.

It seems we do have access to the flow editor. 

regards, 

Richard

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @RichardP 

Yes, you are right. Even the site I was supporting previously had flow editor. Thanks for pointing that out and since you have it available I think you should be able to bypass SMC now. 🙂

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation