BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
satya1861
Calcite | Level 5

Dear All,

How the data will be encrypted while reading data from SAP R/3 data base tables by using SAS Access interface to R/3?

Is it safe to read the sensitive information from SAP R/3 over the network? or Do we need take any additional measures to encrypt the data over the network while reading data from SAP R3?

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Note: SAS 9.4 has installed on Linux environment.

Thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @satya1861 

In most scenarios, databases are behind firewalls and when connecting internally between intranet it should be secured and protected. However if that's not the case then concern is valid.

SAS uses SAS/Secure to encrypt all its connections from client and internal and supports various encryption algorithms like AES, FIPS etc. I didn't find any info on data in motion encryption for SAP R/3. I would advise to raise a SAS Technical support track for quick response.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

In all cases that I have seen so far, SAS/ACCESS uses the native client of the DBMS to communicate with the database.

This means that the connection done by SAS/ACCESS will be as secure as that of the SAP client itself.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation