BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JohnJPS
Quartz | Level 8

When exporting a package in DI Studio, the mantra is simply to right-click and export a SAS Package.  We're looking at migrating quite a bit of work, and I'm wondering if it's better to check or uncheck this box.  In a nutshell, here's what's giving me pause:

• We have a lot of libraries defined by our SAS Admins, there for convenience to our analytics users... these suggest not checking the box, since those dependencies will still be there when the projects are imported later on.
  • But we're migrating a fair bit of stuff, so there may be custom libraries within the project and/or other custom references that are less controlled than the aforementioned libraries. It seems like this argues for checking the checkboxes.

I'm leaning towards checking the checkboxes, but will that create a ton of unwanted copies of the libraries from my first bullet point above?  I could just wing it and give it a shot, but I thought I'd ask to gain your deeper wisdom.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

If you check the "Include dependent objects..." checkbox, you should be able to fine-tune what gets included on the subsequent page ("Select Objects to Export").  This will allow you to trim your package to just the objects and data you want to include, excluding those things which will already exist on the target system by virtue of libraries defined by your SAS Admins.  There's a good description of this process here.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

If you check the "Include dependent objects..." checkbox, you should be able to fine-tune what gets included on the subsequent page ("Select Objects to Export").  This will allow you to trim your package to just the objects and data you want to include, excluding those things which will already exist on the target system by virtue of libraries defined by your SAS Admins.  There's a good description of this process here.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation