BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ankur_patel_aig
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All, 

Is it possible to get creation date of any SAS User ID that are created in SAS metadata. 

I am familiar with the SAS macro to pull all the SAS user list from metadata. 

1 REPLY 1
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Yes, there are MetadataCreated and MetadataUpdated attributes for all objects in metadata. The question is do you want it for the Person (representing the user identity) or the Login (representing the user id - one of the means they can be identified as that Person)? It is possible that they can be different. In the screenshot below you can see the SAS Demo User (Person object) with login sasdemo (Login object). I deleted and recreated the Login object several times after I created the Person object.

sas-identity-login-created.png

The SAS %MDUEXTR macro does not extract MetadataCreated and MetadataUpdated, so if you need those, and do not want to write the code yourself, we have alternative %metacodaPersonExtract and %metacodaIdentityLoginExtract macros in our idsync-utils github project that extract those extra attributes (and also handle long UTF-8 strings).

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation