BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Filipvdr
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello, 

At my current client we have SAS 9.4M2 and a BW (7.5) on Hana and BW/4Hana.

For the old BW we are using the SAP Data surveyor to read cubes, DSO

In the new BW (7.5) on Hana and BW/4Hana we have new objects like ADSO and flat cubes. What is necessary to be able to read those new objects?

Does a newer version of SAP Data surveyor exists?

What are the other possibilities? I've read in this paper (https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings14/2445-2014.pdf) that there is a SAS Access available. Will this make reading ADSO's and flat cubes possible?

Or is the solution to go through a sas access with odbc, what are the (dis)advantages?

Thanks!

Filip

5 REPLIES 5
Filipvdr
Pyrite | Level 9
Hi Sandy,

We can connect to SAP BW with the data surveyor which works like expected and described in your links.

But recently we are moving to the HANA platform, I can't find anything about HANA in your link.
Filipvdr
Pyrite | Level 9
Yes but this does not give an answer on these questions:
Does a newer version of SAP Data surveyor exists?
Will this make reading ADSO's and flat cubes possible?

Or is the solution to go through a sas access with odbc, what are the (dis)advantages?
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you open a track with SAS Tech Support.They are in the best position to help.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation