BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
abhijit_das
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I recently installed SAS 9.4 on Linux using a SAS EM 2 machines standard deployment plan. Post installation, there was no Connect Spawner folder in SAS Config directory. I can confirm that SAS CONNECT product is lisensed for us as I can see it in sid file.

Also, I could find cntspawn file under SASROOT directory.

Could you please advice on how can I get SAS Connect spawner configured.

Regards,

Abhijit

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Did your deployment plan include the installation of SAS/CONNECT, including the spawner? If not then contact your SAS account manager to supply a plan that includes it.

abhijit_das
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

Though in our Software Order Email, it'e mentioned that the deployment type is "Plan Needed", but we have not been provided with the custom plan file.

The SAS Prodiucts which we want to use are- BASE SAS, SAS EG and SAS EM.

I have used the Standard Deployment Plan- EM 2 Mahcines. The installation competed successfully but it didn't had Connect Spawner folder in SASCONFIG directory. Though I can see cntspawn fie in SASROOT directory.

How can I check if this deployment plan includes installation of SAS Connect?

Can I use any of the standard deployment plan available in SAS Deployment Wizard to install and Configure SAS Connect?

Regards,

Abhijit

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation