BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
m_oversteyns
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

A question for those who have successfully silently deployed SAS using SCCM:

I know the SAS Deployment Wizard creates a file sas.mig in the Temp directory (which I learned is the Temp directory of the currently connected user i.e. C:\Users\connected-user\AppData\Local\Temp). I'd like to use this file to check whether or not my silent installation succeeded or failed.

When deploying SAS using the SYSTEM account (which is what SCCM uses), where does this file get created, if it gets created? There is no directory for the SYSTEM account in C:\Users on Windows 7 x64. Do I have to manually create the folder structure AppData\Local\Temp in %windir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile in order to read the contents?

Once again, thank you for your help.

Michel

4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello,

a very good question. I can make some guesses but I don't know exactly the answer.

But maybe you can do a quick test and keep track of the files created by the process?

m_oversteyns
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Juan,

I'll be making a script with FastTrack to actually perform the installation of prerequisites and SAS itself, plus all kinds of various extras and checks. The actual integration into SCCM will be handled by another team at work, who at the moment do not have the time to test my theories. We'll see later, but I thought I kinda asked while I was investigating. I'll be posting the answer when we get to the SCCM implementation phase.
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Thank you @m_oversteyns! Feel curious about the outcome of your investigations. Yours is a great idea.

By the way: try the ‐templocation parameter. That might solve your question.

Modgil
Calcite | Level 5

SCCM should report the success/failure of deployment. My understanding is that you want to check failure messages, if it fails.

You can use "-loglevel 2 -datalocation C:\temp\SAS_logs" arguments with SAS setup.exe command line. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation