BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Hi team,

I have SAS Data Loader for Hadoop 2.4 in a VMWare vApp that I need to connect to HDP with Kerberos.

Any experience configuring this combination ?

Thanks,

Nico.

3 REPLIES 3
alexal
SAS Employee

@nhvdwalt,

Yes. Let me know if you have any questions about the configuration.

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Thanks @alexal

I have gone throuhg the deployment guide. From what I can see, it seems like the guest (Linux) will need to be registered in AD as an SPN ? Is this correct ?

alexal
SAS Employee

@nhvdwalt,

Depends on what you are using. If you are using MIT Kerberos for authentication, instructions are provided in the deployment guide to run the ksetup command to acquire tickets for client machine from the correct Kerberos realm.

If you are using Active Directory only for authentication, no additional configuration is provided in the deployment guide. Instead, your Kerberos administrator can refer to the SAS In-Database Products: Administrator's Guide for more information.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation