BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Djones4822
Obsidian | Level 7

We're looking to configure HTTPS for our web servers, and I've been reviewing the documentation listed here: 

http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bimtag&docsetTarget=n0nakjyj6hlqmvn11p9p04l25j9n.htm&docsetVe...

It all seems to mostly make sense, we're waiting on our IT to make the certificates available. 

One question I had is how to specify the JVM options. We run off UNIX, so within the <webserver>/bin/setenv.sh file I expected to see the settings described in the administration guide step 16, however I don't see anything related. My setenv.sh script looks like this:

JRE_HOME=/sas/sashome/SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment/9.4/jre
JAVA_HOME=/sas/sashome/SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment/9.4/jre
AGENT_PATHS=""
JAVA_AGENTS=""
JAVA_LIBRARY_PATH=""
JVM_OPTS="-Xmx4096m -Xss256k -Xms2048m -XX:PermSize=1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m$
JAVA_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS $AGENT_PATHS $JAVA_AGENTS $JAVA_LIBRARY_PATH"
CLASSPATH="$CATALINA_BASE/lib/log4j.jar:$CATALINA_BASE/lib:$CATALINA_BASE/conf:$
CATALINA_OUT="$CATALINA_BASE/logs/catalina.out"
LOGGING_CONFIG="-Dnop"

Could anyone tell me where and how I should specify the JVM options described in step 16? 

4 REPLIES 4
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

There are a few setenv.sh files around the SAS config directory. You are looking for the one for the SAS Web App Server instance that runs the SAS Content Server. For me that is /opt/sas94m5/config/Lev1/Web/WebAppServer/SASServer1_1/bin/setenv.sh

If you need help finding the SAS Content Server directory have a look in the Instructions.html file created when SAS was installed. It's a map of where everything is in your installation.

Djones4822
Obsidian | Level 7

That makes sense, my instructions point to the same location, but my setenv.sh is only what displays in my original post. Is that how it should be? 

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The setenv.sh for the SAS Web App Server instance that hosts the WIP and SAS Content Server will have many JVM optjons. This is what mine looks like:

JRE_HOME=/opt/sas94m5/sashome/SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment/9.4/jre
JAVA_HOME=/opt/sas94m5/sashome/SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment/9.4/jre
AGENT_PATHS=""
JAVA_AGENTS=""
JAVA_LIBRARY_PATH=""
JVM_OPTS="-Xmx3072m -Xss256k -Xms1024m -XX:PermSize=384m -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m -d64 -XX:NewRatio=8 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseTLAB -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=96m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -Dcom.sas.services.logging.disableRemoteList=true -Dcom.sas.services.logging.disableRemoteLogging=true -Dcom.sas.log.config.ignoreContextClassLoader=true -Dsas.jms.authentication.decorator=false -Dspring.security.strategy=MODE_INHERITABLETHREADLOCAL -Dcom.sas.log.config.url=file:////opt/sas94m5/config/Lev1/Web/Common/LogConfig -Dmulticast_udp_ip_ttl=0 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=false -Djava.net.preferIPv6Addresses=false -Dmulticast.address=239.168.99.99 -Dmulticast.port=8561 -Dsas.scs.host=sas94m5.example.com -Dsas.scs.repository.dir=/opt/sas94m5/config/Lev1/AppData/SASContentServer/Repository -Dcom.sas.server.isclustered=false -Dsas.scs.cas.host=sas94m5.example.com -Dsas.scs.cas.port=8343 -Dsas.scs.cas.scheme=https -Dsas.scs.svc.host=sas94m5.example.com -Dsas.scs.svc.port=8343 -Dsas.scs.svc.scheme=https -Dsas.scs.scheme=http -Dsas.auto.publish.protocol=http -Dsas.container.identifier=vfabrictcsvr -Dsas.cache.locators=sas94m5.example.com[41415] -Dgemfire.conserve-sockets=false -Dspring.profiles.active=locators -Dsas.ttfontsvert.install.dir=/opt/sas94m5/sashome/ReportFontsforClients/9.4 -Dsas.scs.port=8080 -Dnet.sf.ehcache.skipUpdateCheck=true -Dorg.terracotta.quartz.skipUpdateCheck=true -Dsas.auto.publish.host=sas94m5.example.com -Dsas.auto.publish.port=8080 -Dsas.appserver.instance.id=SASServer1_1_sas94m5.example.com -Dconfig.lev.web.appserver.logs.dir=/opt/sas94m5/config/Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServer1_1 -Djava.security.auth.login.config=/opt/sas94m5/config/Lev1/Web/WebAppServer/SASServer1_1/conf/jaas.config -Dsas.metadata.use.cluster.properties=true -Dsas.deploy.dir=/opt/sas94m5/config/Lev1/Web/WebAppServer/SASServer1_1/sas_webapps -Dorg.apache.activemq.SERIALIZABLE_PACKAGES=java.lang,java.util,java.net,java.sql,java.math,org.apache.activemq,org.fusesource.hawtbuf,org.springframework.remoting,org.springframework.security,com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper,com.sas,org.apache.commons.logging,org.jasig.cas.client.validation,org.jasig.cas.client.authentication,org.jasig.cas.client.proxy -Dsas.deployment.agent.client.config=/opt/sas94m5/sashome/SASRemoteDeploymentAgentClient/2.1/config/deployagtclt.properties -Dsas.app.repository.path=/opt/sas94m5/sashome/SASVersionedJarRepository/eclipse"
JAVA_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS $AGENT_PATHS $JAVA_AGENTS $JAVA_LIBRARY_PATH"
CLASSPATH="$CATALINA_BASE/lib/log4j.jar:$CATALINA_BASE/lib:$CATALINA_BASE/conf:$JRE_HOME/../lib/tools.jar"
CATALINA_OUT="$CATALINA_BASE/logs/catalina.out"
LOGGING_CONFIG="-Dnop"

The one you posted looks truncated. Is that what it really looks like or did you truncate the long lines for posting here?

Djones4822
Obsidian | Level 7

@PaulHomes

Upon closer inspection you're right, my full JVM_OPTS is very long and the missing settings are there. 

Thank you, I'm going to try now since my team has left for the day. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation