BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sathya66
Barite | Level 11

We are getting alerts for compute platform availability but all looks fine and working.

It is showing us the availability as 83.5% (alert set to <100%).how can We over come this and what EVM will trigger/search to get these alerts?

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @sathya66 

Are you saying the server is working fine and you are still getting these alerts? It could also be if the agent itself is down? In the snap you have shared I could see on the left hand side that the metric are under unavailable status. Does agent log say anything?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @sathya66 

Are you saying the server is working fine and you are still getting these alerts? It could also be if the agent itself is down? In the snap you have shared I could see on the left hand side that the metric are under unavailable status. Does agent log say anything?

sathya66
Barite | Level 11
Yes, server is working fine. It looks like agent is not working properly. I just restarted agent and stopped all alerts.

Thanks for your help.
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

It does look a bit like the agent is not working properly, as suggested by @Anand_V. I had this last week. Try stopping and starting the agent on the compute server. We're on a Windows platform and I've taken to doing this at the command line using hq-agent.bat in config\Levx\Web\SASEnvironmentManager\agent-5.8.0-EE\bin because it seems to work better than using Windows Services. If this doesn't work, try again but rename the data directory in the agent-5.8.0-EE directory so it is recreated. You'll lose a bit of the monitoring data. This is what finally worked for me.

Note: directory names are based on 9.4M5 on Windows so if you're on a different version or OS they might not be the same.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation