BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

Is there any script/method to compare the metadata before and after migration of sas 9.3 to 9.4? 

including libraries/stored process/ etc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks,

I have completed the task by exporting the package which includes the stored process and then comparing it in an excel sheet.

I

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

As far as I'm aware there isn't. Comparing metadata between major SAS releases would be like comparing chalk and cheese - very different!

If the purpose of comparing metadata is to prove that your new SAS 9.4 environment is set up correctly, only testing all migrated SAS applications will do that.

japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

@SASKiwi 

Thanks for the reply.

We have sas stored process stored in SMC in 'Folder'>'SAS'>xx>xx>xx

we need to validate all these programs present in the older version.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

How many stored processes have you got? How about using two SAS Management Console sessions, one 9.3 the 9.4 and then just going through the metadata folders, verifying all stored processes are present in 9.4?

japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks,

I have completed the task by exporting the package which includes the stored process and then comparing it in an excel sheet.

I

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation