BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
titan31
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I'm running into an issue that after a migration from a Windows to Linux system, some DI jobs have broken (datasets missing, joins being broken, mappings disappearing etc).

So far, I've noticed these as I'm going through jobs that I need to change paths on, but wasn't intending to go through every job, however as the amount I'm noticing has increased, I need to be able to quantify the problem easier. 

Is there anyway to programatically check for broken jobs in metadata or anywhere, or is going through jobs one by one that only way?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
alexal
SAS Employee

@titan31 ,

I assume your DI jobs generating SAS logs, right? You can just do something like "grep -i error Logs/*" to see which one has errors.

titan31
Quartz | Level 8

They are, yup, but need to run them for those logs to exist. Was hoping there might be a way to query the actual metadata or code to see are there errors or warnings.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I would really love if there was a tool that could compare complex metadata objects, like jobs.

ASFAIK it doesn't exist, not an official one at least.

What you could do is script a comparison program between deployed jobs, where you need to filter out metadata id's, timestamps etc so you can focus on the real differences.

Data never sleeps
titan31
Quartz | Level 8
Ya, doesn't seem to be anything there. Quite painful to check each job individually so was hoping there might have been

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation