BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
djmangen
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I am pretty sure that this is a simple fix.  When SAS 9.4 was installed, the client on which it was installed had a redirected Documents file.  For a number of reasons I have turned off redirection.  Now when I start an interactive session I get error code 4350 because the registry.sas7bitm file is not available on the no longer redirected server file.

So my question is: Where can I edit the location and hard code it to the local directory where I would like it to reside?  Or should this be managed in a different fashion?

Thank you.

David Mangen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Can you check what’s the value specified for ”-SASUSER” option in sasv9.cfg
file? If it’s the default value it could be the variable it uses is pointing to the network location that you have turned off. You can
change this and point to path under MyDocuments and SAS session should
start.
OR
If you can validate the value of the folderid_document variable and change it back to local if it’s pointing to network location.

Ref:
https://support.sas.com/kb/41/806.html

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/hostwin/69955/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0dhdzi696bo51n1u...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @djmangen 

Are you saying the sas-home location has been changed for your SAS 9.4 installation causing issues with launch of SAS IE session? 

djmangen
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you for your response.

No, SASHOME and SASROOT are still the same as they were:

-SET SASROOT "C:\Program Files\SAS9.4\SASFoundation\9.4"
-SET SASHOME "C:\Program Files\SAS9.4"

The problem lies with the location specified in the config file MYSASFILES and a couple of other references to this location.  Here is the config line pertaining to MYSASFILES and SASUSER:

-SET MYSASFILES "?FOLDERID_Documents\My SAS Files\9.4"
-SASUSER "?FOLDERID_Documents\My SAS Files\9.4"

The ?FOLDERID refers to C:\Users\David which originally was redirected and synced to an Exchange Server directory.  I have turned off that sync because it caused more problems than it solved.  But now, when I start SAS in interactive mode, I get the following:

ERROR: Windows error code: 4350 in hx_disk_is_dir for \\SBS2011\RedirectedFolders\David\My
Documents\My SAS Files\9.4\regstry.sas7bitm, This file is currently not available for use on
this computer.
ERROR: Windows error code: 4350 in hx_disk_access for \\SBS2011\RedirectedFolders\David\My
Documents\My SAS Files\9.4\regstry.sas7bitm, This file is currently not available for use on
this computer.
ERROR: Windows error code: 4350 in hx_disk_is_dir for \\SBS2011\RedirectedFolders\David\My
this computer.
ERROR: Windows error code: 4350 in hx_disk_access for \\SBS2011\RedirectedFolders\David\My
this computer.
ERROR: Windows error code: 4350 in hc_disk_open for \\SBS2011\RedirectedFolders\David\My
this computer.
NOTE: Unable to open SASUSER.REGSTRY. WORK.REGSTRY will be opened instead.
NOTE: All registry changes will be lost at the end of the session.
WARNING: Unable to copy SASUSER registry to WORK registry. Because of this,
WARNING: you will not see registry customizations during this session.
NOTE: This SAS session is using a registry in WORK. All changes will be lost at the end of this
NOTE: session.

\\SBS2011\RedirectedFolders\David was the synced copy of C:\Users\David located on the Exchange server.

I have been tempted to simply edit the Config file, but that is generally not considered good practice.

Thank you in advance for any assistance or insight that You can give to this problem.

David Mangen

djmangen
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you for responding.

SASHOME is still the same.  The problem lies with the MYSASFILES location.  The physical location is "C:|Users\David\Documents\My Sas Files\9.4"  This was redirected to an exchange server mapping to allow syncing of files.  The sync messed things up, so I have turned it off.  Now when I start SAS I get the following:

this computer.
this computer.
this computer.
this computer.
ERROR: Windows error code: 4350 in hc_disk_open for \\SBS2011\RedirectedFolders\David\My
this computer.
NOTE: Unable to open SASUSER.REGSTRY. WORK.REGSTRY will be opened instead.
NOTE: All registry changes will be lost at the end of the session.
WARNING: Unable to copy SASUSER registry to WORK registry. Because of this,
WARNING: you will not see registry customizations during this session.
NOTE: This SAS session is using a registry in WORK. All changes will be lost at the end of this
NOTE: session.

The \\SBS2011\RedirectedFolders is the server directory that used to be synced, but no longer is.

In the SAS config file I believe that this location is referred to as "?FOLDERID_"

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Can you check what’s the value specified for ”-SASUSER” option in sasv9.cfg
file? If it’s the default value it could be the variable it uses is pointing to the network location that you have turned off. You can
change this and point to path under MyDocuments and SAS session should
start.
OR
If you can validate the value of the folderid_document variable and change it back to local if it’s pointing to network location.

Ref:
https://support.sas.com/kb/41/806.html

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/hostwin/69955/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0dhdzi696bo51n1u...
djmangen
Obsidian | Level 7
I took the route of creating a new Config file with the hard coded references, and that worked fine. I changed all of the references to FOLDERID in the config file. I often get a bit nervous about editing the config file but...

Thank you for your help.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation