BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
oswin
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am new in SAS studio 3.6 administrator and after reading some documentation I found my way to change some system options like VALIDVARNAME and XCMD. Still I am stuck with two other system options I need to change:

VARINITCHK=NOTE => VARINITCHK=WARN

MERGENOBY=NOWARN =>  MERGENOBYd=WARN

Can someone explain me where or how  I can changes this two System Options?

Thanks in advance,

Oswin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Should be exactly the same as how you set the other options:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lesysoptsref/64892/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0hlv62ubu3fa...

Either by options statement, autoexec, or system options.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Should be exactly the same as how you set the other options:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lesysoptsref/64892/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0hlv62ubu3fa...

Either by options statement, autoexec, or system options.

oswin
Calcite | Level 5

Hi RW9,

Thanks for your reply.

SHurley
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Why in the world would someone ever change the MERGENOBY warning?  I change the VARINITCHK when I am creating an empty dataset but would never mess with the merge.

- Sharon

I am new in SAS studio 3.6 administrator and after reading some documentation I found my way to change some system options like VALIDVARNAME and XCMD. Still I am stuck with two other system options I need to change:

VARINITCHK=NOTE => VARINITCHK=WARN

MERGENOBY=NOWARN =>  MERGENOBYd=WARN

JackHamilton
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
MERGENOBY=WARN is a better setting, I think, because it's rare to want a MERGE without BY. It does happen, though; emulating a LEAD function is one use case.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation