BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Armando1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi SAS Users, i hope you can help me with mi problem

I need to renew the sas licence and i execute the ./sassetup but the program have and error i attach the printscreen.

sassetup errror.PNG

I don't know why is this happening. I hope someone can help me my license is about to end

2 REPLIES 2
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

I have seen something similar other times, not only with SAS, but with other products as well.

I would ask your system admin to check the IO modules in your Linux server. I think they need re-installation, or maybe just check the authorizations on the relative folders.

danpritts
Calcite | Level 5

We ran into this exact problem today.

We eventually figured out that

1) the perl that SAS bundles to run sassetup is 32-bit, even though SAS itself and our OS is 64-bit

2) our new NAS (since last year's setinit) was configured to use 64-bit inodes.

So, the IO.so file was there but it was not readable by the 32-bit perl process, which could only understand a 32-bit inode.  

We reconfigured the NAS (an Isilon) to return 32-bit inodes on this export and everything worked.  Note that this may break existing clients' mounts of the filesystem.  

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation