BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Yarlanil59
Obsidian | Level 7

In grid 

pim.log.host_name

mbatchd.log.host_name
  res.log.host_name

sbatchd.log.host_name
  lim.log.host_name

mbschd.log.host_name

are stored. can these files be deleted or archived? only one file respective host is created.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Yarlanil59

as with most of the log files, you can always archive the files. I would recommend not to delete them, only after a proper archiving, since the historical data can be very valuable to you and audit processes.

Anyway, if you do it, be careful, generally it is a good idea to clean them only when the services are down. Otherwise, the services might start to write into non-existing files, and that is something I would bet you don't want to happen.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Yarlanil59

as with most of the log files, you can always archive the files. I would recommend not to delete them, only after a proper archiving, since the historical data can be very valuable to you and audit processes.

Anyway, if you do it, be careful, generally it is a good idea to clean them only when the services are down. Otherwise, the services might start to write into non-existing files, and that is something I would bet you don't want to happen.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation