BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Yarlanil59
Obsidian | Level 7

In grid 

pim.log.host_name

mbatchd.log.host_name
  res.log.host_name

sbatchd.log.host_name
  lim.log.host_name

mbschd.log.host_name

are stored. can these files be deleted or archived? only one file respective host is created.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Yarlanil59

as with most of the log files, you can always archive the files. I would recommend not to delete them, only after a proper archiving, since the historical data can be very valuable to you and audit processes.

Anyway, if you do it, be careful, generally it is a good idea to clean them only when the services are down. Otherwise, the services might start to write into non-existing files, and that is something I would bet you don't want to happen.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Yarlanil59

as with most of the log files, you can always archive the files. I would recommend not to delete them, only after a proper archiving, since the historical data can be very valuable to you and audit processes.

Anyway, if you do it, be careful, generally it is a good idea to clean them only when the services are down. Otherwise, the services might start to write into non-existing files, and that is something I would bet you don't want to happen.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation