BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MG18
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi All, 

My team member is trying to run below libname but it failing for him with below error . 

He and I have been added to same user group and has permission . When it is running from SAS EG it is failing , what thing I have to check ?

28         libname oracle2 odbc dsn=AXXBS user=IXX password=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX schema=XX_A50709;
ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver
       specified
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

My system

28         libname oracle2 odbc dsn=AXXBS user=IXXX

29         password=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX schema=XX_A50709;

NOTE: Libref ORACLE2 was successfully assigned as follows:

Engine:        ODBC

Physical Name: ALDBS

3 REPLIES 3
anuraagjv
SAS Employee

The error message tells us that SAS cannot find the DSN 'AXXBS' that you've specified in your libname statement.
If the user is running SAS locally, they can check there ODBC data source administrator and make sure they have AXXBS set up correctly.

If its not there they'll need the connection information to the data source of AXXBS and they'll need to set up a working DSN.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Given you are running this in EG, it appears the DSN AXXBS is not defined on the SAS Application server. If this is running on Windows then the DSN can be added to the Windows ODBC Administrator, if Unix to odbc.ini.

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @MG18 
The error means the connection to database  is   not configured in the first case.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation