BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Please note that Red Hat has recently released RHEL 8.8.  Several SAS customers (both SAS 9.4 and Viya) have updated to this release and are now seeing issues with commands (both UNIX and SAS) unable to execute and performance issues.  

We just wanted you to be aware of these issues and to make sure you have an excellent backup before you update to this new version of RHEL 8.8. Please note we are working with Red Hat on this discovery and will post more details to this blog as we learn them.

Stay tuned for more updates on this issue in this blog.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Margaret, can you please elaborate on the kind of issues we may expect? This update is looming for us and people get nervous from this type of announcements. We cannot hold off this update indefinitely. After some time higher powers will simply push a new RHEL release to our hosts.

Regards Jan

MargaretC
SAS Employee

Jan, 

We have had several SAS customers report that SAS (in particular Viya 3.5) and other command line commands (ps) fail after they have applied the above errata.  

We are working with Red Hat on this issue, they have acknowledged it and are aggressively working on a fix to the issue.  Not sure when this issue will be resolved.  Please reach out to Red Hat support for more details. 

As soon as we hear what the resolution is, I will update this post.  

MargaretC
SAS Employee

The latest information from Red Hat is to NOT use this kernel 4.18.0-477.10.1.el8_8.x86_64.

Please only use this kernel 4.18.0-477.13.1.el8_8. or newer.   Please remember to stop all applications/services before you update the kernel.

If you have any questions, on the above, please contact Red Hat support for more details and help.

David-B
Calcite | Level 5

Would it be possible to get more details around this RHEL 8.8 issue.

• Is this issue seen on new installs running kernel 4.18.0-477.10.1.el8_8.x86_64 or only update to said kernel?
  • Was there a case opened with RedHat? If yes, can you provide the case number?

I am asking because I am working on a project that include SAS HANA configurations.

MargaretC
SAS Employee

@David-B  Please contact Red Hat with your questions.  All I did was repost the information they published

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 3 in conversation