BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SundeepK
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

I have all my users on Active directory/Linux. Is there a way whenever new user come in, can we automate the user addition directly into SAS SMC.

Appreciate your help...!

Regards

Sandy

3 REPLIES 3
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Yes, SAS provides sample programs you can schedule to do this.

Overview of User Bulk Load and Synchronization
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/bisecag/n0l2hp5m00a1z2n1b598q4pknfih.htm
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
NEFossum
Calcite | Level 5

If you automate this, do not connect to a named domain controller, if your company have multiple - use the load balancer in front. You do not want one single point of failure - been there, done that, and got the t-shirt. The named DC was down, and all users deleted from SMC 🙂

You may also want to look into the 3rd-party plug-ins for 9.4 from Metacoda, and their "Identity Sync": A New Perspective on Your SAS® Metadata – Metacoda

Now we just mark users for deletion while syncing, and do a manual verification before users are removed - you may not want to leave a lot of content "without owner" in your metadata.

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Thank you @NEFossum for mentioning your experience using Metacoda Plug-ins software. The Metacoda Identity Sync tag-delete feature is very popular and appreciated for the reason you mentioned and may avoid having to revert to a backup. 😎

@SundeepK if you would like to learn more about how the Metacoda Identity Sync Plug-in has helped other SAS admins, please have a look at some of the SAS Community threads:

If you are interested in trying out Metacoda Identity Sync Plug-in in your own environment, you can register for a 30 day free trial. There are many success stories where SAS customers have streamlined their user administration using Metacoda Identity Sync and some examples are:

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation