BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
yatinrao
Obsidian | Level 7

I am having trouble installing Oracle 12C odbc drivers with unixODBC on linux for use with SAS or SAS viya 

I have installed unixODBC 2.3.7  and oracle instant client for 12.2.0 with ODBC. when I try to test with isql  , i get an "segmentation fault" error . 

I have gone thru steps for verifying the libsqora.so.s12.1 and resolving any references 

my os is redhat 7 

Yatin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yatinrao
Obsidian | Level 7

Solved my problem 

Installed unixODBC 2.3.7  and oracle instant client 12.1.0.2.0  instead of 12.2.0.1.0 

Oracle 12.2.0.10 causes segmentation error 

Yatin 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you are getting this problem with ISQL then this has nothing to do with SAS and you would be better off asking for help on Oracle forums.

yatinrao
Obsidian | Level 7

My ultimate goal is to connect oracle to SAS, That is the reason I posted here. 

I also found this forum to be very responsive . 

ODBC seems to be connector of choice for many SAS users on the forum , I thought I might get some insights

I will also reach out to unixODBC developers

Yatin 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@yatinrao - I'm pleased you find this forum responsive. We do indeed try to help even if the problems aren't directly SAS-related. It would also be worthwhile opening a track with SAS Tech Support as they have a lot of expertise diagnosing connectivity issues with SAS.

yatinrao
Obsidian | Level 7

Solved my problem 

Installed unixODBC 2.3.7  and oracle instant client 12.1.0.2.0  instead of 12.2.0.1.0 

Oracle 12.2.0.10 causes segmentation error 

Yatin 

yatinrao
Obsidian | Level 7

Though I did resolve the problem of connection UnixODBC to Oracle  . I am now having issues connecting SAS Viya to any database via ODBC.  I have done the set up for three config files specified in the deployment guide "cas_usermod.settings" ,"workspaceserver_usermods.sh" and "sas-compsrv" 

export ODBCSYSINI=/etc/
export ODBCINI=/etc/odbc.ini
export ODBCINSTINI=/etc/odbcinst.ini
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

When I use enterprise manager data connection to setup connection I get the following error 

"The connection to the data source driver failed. ERROR: [ Function failed. The action stopped due to errors. code: 2-0-310002 uri: /casManagement/servers/cas-shared-default/caslibs/New%20Connection/tables path: /SASDataExplorer/ui/datasources/validation traceId: 548a976877418e01

If add parameter dm_unicode=utf-16" ( suggested by SAS Support)  it manages to get to Unixodbc with following error message

"The connection to the data source driver failed. ERROR: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no default driver specified Function failed. The action stopped due to errors. code: 2-0-310002 uri: /casManagement/servers/cas-shared-default/caslibs/New%20Connection/tables path: /SASDataExplorer/ui/datasources/validation traceId: 50667e4ea4ee2541"

If I use sasdatasudioV   using libname clib odbc dsn=xxx user=xxx password= xxx  , I able to connect to Db2 and SQL server dsn without any issue .

For oracle I get the error  "ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '/opt/oracle/libsqora.so.12.1' : file not found 
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement."

as sas or cas user  I am able to use ISQL and Sqlplus to connect and query same databases with same credentials.

running ldd  for /opt/oracle/libsqora.so.12.1 as sas or cas users shows no issues.  

I have even installed easysoft oracle 12 wire driver 14 day trial but it has the same issue (different DSN and library path).

I have ongoing support ticket but there has been silence for couple of day , hence reaching out to the community 

Any help will be greatly appreciated ( we have limited eval licence to complete evaluation ) 

Yatin 

yatinrao
Obsidian | Level 7

Resolved , Thanks Alex 

when cas session is initiated , it does not inherit any environment variables like LD_LIBRARY_PATH. 

I was setting my environment variable in script in /etc/init.d for all users . Terminal login for any user would set these variables and isql would work.  sas/cas sessions initiated by SAS Viya did not do that. 

solution : in all three config files add all your required environment variable like oracle_home, tns_name,ld_library_path etc.

alexal
SAS Employee

@yatinrao ,

You're welcome!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation