BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ANLYNG
Pyrite | Level 9

We have SAS Viya 3.5 running on windows 2016 servers. It runs Visual Analytics.

However we have no official information concerning anti-virus recommendation.   

We observe currently a high CPU consuming anti-virus service(use typically 30-40 pct af CPU).

Do you have any experience with what to exclude anti-virus scan on Viya/Windows ? or what did you exclude ? There is no information in the installation report.

1 REPLY 1
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @ANLYNG ,

probably not related, but you can look at https://support.sas.com/kb/66/077.html Has viya got the latest updates?

Now, what I would do: you can start with a full exclusion of /opt/sas/viya to see if this helps on itself. You could exclude also where the (external) data resides, but I hope you already have exclusions for those as recommended for SAS 9.

If this helps, then you know where your antivirus keeps busy, that that probably would be on the changing files: the log files and the CAS tables (and temporary CAS ones). Then you can try to remove /opt/sas/viya and add those file extentions.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Juan

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation