BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lgsucupira
Fluorite | Level 6
HI

I have a doubt we have the possibility to change the permissions of users of folders and report, however we have many customers over 200 and I am looking for a way of SAS Macro for this.
proc sql;
create table VA_Groups as
select GROUPNAME, Login_User, displayname, memDesc, title from
(select memid, name as GROUPNAME, memName as Login_User, memDesc from dirm.Groupmempersons_info) as a left join
(select objid, title, displayname from dirm.person) as b on a.memid = b.objid
order by GROUPNAME, displayname;
quit;

proc sql;
create table VA_Usuarios as
select keyid, displayname, name, description, title from dirm.person
order by displayname;
quit;
3 REPLIES 3
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @lgsucupira 

Are you looking for changing permissions for metadata folders, reports etc? If yes, then you will have to use metadata macros and functions to accomplish this.

Ref paper: https://www.sas.com/content/dam/SAS/support/en/sas-global-forum-proceedings/2019/2977-2019.pdf

SAS 9.4 Interface to Metadata:

https://go.documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=pgmsascdc&cdcVersion=9.4_3.5&docsetId=lrmeta&docsetTarget=ti...

lgsucupira
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Anand_V, that's right, but as it is a difficult and risky procedure I would like some example and a direction on how to do so that no errors occur

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@lgsucupira - I see you have posted your question again and the answer is pretty much the same as the one I provided first time around.

The question I have is do you know exactly what to do to change the permissions of a single user in metadata in SAS Management Console? Have you tried the change manually and does it work? There is no point trying to automate a manual process if you have not confirmed it works successfully first.

Typically you set VA metadata permissions at a user group level, then you add the required users to that group. Have the correct metadata user groups been created already? 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation