BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
snakeplate
Calcite | Level 5

After a LUN storage downtime, sasenvironment manager agent failed to start and I set "accept.unverified.certificates=true" in agent.properties, renamed data folder then start it again.  

/sasapp/uat/Config/Lev2/Web/SASEnvironmentManager/agent-5.8.0-EE/bin/hq-agent.sh start
Starting HQ Agent...... running (35071).
[ Running agent setup ]
Should Agent communications to HQ be unidirectional [default=no]: yes
What is the HQ server IP address: sasuat.domain.com
Should Agent communications to HQ always be secure [default=yes]: Yes
What is the HQ server SSL port [default=7443]: 7444
- Testing secure connection ... Success
What is your HQ login [default=hqadmin]: sasevs@saspw
What is your HQ password: **Not echoing value**
- Invalid username/password
Unable to automatically setup: Invalid username/password

/sasapp/uat/Config/Lev2/Web/SASEnvironmentManager/agent-5.8.0-EE/bin/hq-agent.sh status
HQ Agent is running (PID:36679).
Current agent bundle: agent-5.8.0
Agent not yet setup

How do I fix it?

8 REPLIES 8
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
It looks like the password for sasevs@saspw in the configuration file for that agent is incorrect so it is unable to authenticate. You will need to update the password for sasevs@saspw on this host and perform your steps again (stop agent, delete the data or rename the data directory, and start the agent)
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
snakeplate
Calcite | Level 5
I had reset password for sasevs@saspw using sasadm.sh and repeat what I did before and it still failed with same error.
snakeplate
Calcite | Level 5

update:

I also reset password on sas environment manager, the reset on server with environment manager agent but it still producing same error.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
The password being used that is failing is encoded in the file <SASConfig>/Lev1/Web/SASEnvironmentManager/agent-5.8.0-EE/conf/agent.properties in the attribute agent.setup.camPword. This would be updated when you update the managed password using the SAS Deployment Manager's Update Password task. Did you do this for sasevs@saspw on the host that is failing?

Update a Managed Password
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/bisecag/n0rze9kvk0b7b0n16r2dsvfuq14r.htm
--
snakeplate
Calcite | Level 5

yes, I update password on failing host.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
You could try adding the password in plain text in the agent.setup.camPword field and see if the startup succeeds.
--
snakeplate
Calcite | Level 5

I tried replacing value of agent.setup.camPword with plaintext password, delete data folder then restart. But still same result.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
If it is still failing with invalid user name / password, it sounds like the password may not have been updated everywhere.

Updating Passwords for SAS Environment Manager Metadata Identities
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/evug/n0nwcxbelfbig9n1ouz5jz2xpcja.htm#n03adpmaivzw...
--

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation