BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Amitkmr1979
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Friends,

I have a quick question I want to ask. I had EG 8.3 and EG 7.15 on one my AWS hosted servers. Suddenly after uninstalling 7.15 EG only from my server through Deployment Manager I see a different Icon. 

Before 

Amitkmr1979_0-1680944407513.png

Now after uninstalling 7.1

Amitkmr1979_1-1680944460416.png

Can anyone confirm if they have observed similar change to icon or the reason I am seeing it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS icons change with newer software versions. Your first screenshot appears to show EG 7.15-related icons. The second 8.3. There is a 3 or 4 year gap between those releases, so an icon refresh isn't surprising.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS icons change with newer software versions. Your first screenshot appears to show EG 7.15-related icons. The second 8.3. There is a 3 or 4 year gap between those releases, so an icon refresh isn't surprising.

Amitkmr1979
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you very much @SASKiwi 

Was just scratching my head why it will do it. We had both versions on the server and I uninstalled the 7.15.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

think what happened is this:

• you installed EG 7.1, and during this, 7.1 and its icon was associated with SAS files
  • later, during the installation of 8.3, the installation process found the already present association and put 8.3 "second in line" for SAS files
  • when 7.1 was uninstalled, 8.3 "stepped up" and took over the association, so you now see its icons

The icons you see in Windows Explorer are usually read from a defined location within the .exe file (or an image file defined in the desktop link for the software), and as soon as those files are deleted, the icons are no longer available.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation